My colleagues and friends keep asking me what sessions I went to and what I would recommend to see on channel9 where all of them are publicly available. Here is my prioritized list of sessions:
- #spc325 Real-world examples of FTC to CAM transformations. This was the most exciting developer session. Vesa Juvonen takes the Cloud App Model to its maximum. Wanna know more about the future. See this session.
- #spc404 Build your own REST service with WebAPI 2. You know REST? You like $filter, $top and $select? Good, why not create an own api? You have all the tools in Visual Studio 2013. Just get inspired by Scott Hillier.
- #spc269 Developer audience keynote | What’s new for the Office & SharePoint developer. Get all the developer news presented at #spc14.
- #spc3999 SharePoint Power Hour - New developer APIs and features for Apps for SharePoint.
- #spc371 Developing socially connected apps with Yammer, SharePoint and OpenGraph. Chris Johnson talks about how to use Yammer API to post updates, like and comment from code. What if you wanted to send an update to Yammer from your Line-of-Business application? Very easy.
- #spc303 Advanced Performance Analysis for SharePoint. A real-world case study how performance of a SharePoint site is measured, captured and analyzed. Really interesting.
- #spc391 Deep dive into Mail Compose Apps APIs. Main compose apps are similar to SharePoint apps, they are run as iframes and can be used to update an email while writing it or start a workflow. Good stuff.
- #spc334 Real-world SharePoint architecture decisions. Wictor Wilén talked about his best topic: architecture decisions. He is probably the best in this area in the world, and his presentation becomes better and better every time he presents it.
- #spc3000 Changing the look of Search using Display Templates and CSR. You can do a lot of stuff using the Display Templates and Cliend-Side Rendering. See this session to get inspired and gather a deeper understanding how it works.
- #spc382 Managing Search Relevance in SharePoint 2013 and O365. How does XRANK work? Well it is complicated. This session is a must-see.
- #spc224 The SharePointConference.com Site: From Sketch to Launch to Live! Did you know that SharePointConference.com was built upon SharePoint? See this session to find out what was good in SharePoint for this site, and what workarounds and hacks were necessary to get it to work.
- #spc302 Advanced development patterns for SharePoint Apps. Provider-Hosted Apps are the best type of apps. Let’s see what examples and tips are provided in this session.
- #spc322 SharePoint 2013 Search display templates and query rules. An introduction to Search Display Templates.
- #spc301 Access is back! High-value, ‘no code’, functional & flexible business apps with the new Access services. There were a lot of jokes in this session. Access apps are new “no-code” solutions and will replace the InfoPath solutions.
- #spc381 Load testing SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2013. Never used load-testing with Visual Studio? Got a 1.15 hr to kill? Well, see it to learn how to start the Visual Studio and what difference is between a web test and load test.
The sessions I wish I had attended:
- #spc4o9 Deep dive: SharePoint and Office App Security Model (OAuth & S2S)
- #spc417 Speed up your app development skills with API abstraction