CHUVASH.eu

CHunky Universe of Vigourous Astonishing SHarepoint :)

Tag Archives: troubleshooting

Page Diagnostics for SharePoint

While trying to set up a new Home Site, I discovered that there is a tool (browser extension) called Page Diagnostics for SharePoint.

After running this, I tried that command again and it was smart enough to detect the problem the tool discovered.

Also Network Trace is available.

Network trace

Page Diagnostics Tool is defnitely a tool to have in the troubleshooting toolbelt for SharePoint.

Setting up a Home Site

Here is the script:

# Sets up a SharePoint Home Site at Skanska
$tenant = "takana17"
Connect-SPOService https://$tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
$baseUrl = "https://$tenant.sharepoint.com"
# site swap takes 1-2 minutes. be patient
# https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-online/invoke-spositeswap?view=sharepoint-ps
Invoke-SPOSiteSwap SourceUrl "$baseUrl/sites/futurehomesite" TargetUrl "$baseUrl" ArchiveUrl "$baseUrl/sites/oldroot-deleteit"
# Home Site. Docs: https://aka.ms/homesites, it make take some time
Set-SPOHomeSite HomeSiteUrl $baseUrl
view raw spo-home-site.ps1 hosted with ❤ by GitHub

Troubleshooting Performance in SharePoint Online

This is my personal list of links and thoughts on troubleshooting performance in SharePoint Online.

Resources

Health info in Response Headers

Every response from SharePoint Online contains some health information:

Following Response Headers could reveal the health:

  • x-sharepointhealthscore, 0-10 score, the higher score the more loaded is the SharePoint Server.
  • spiislatency, time in ms that the request waited to be processed by IIS. Unfortunately, I cannot see this value as of writing (2019-10-14)
  • sprequestduration, time in ms IIS took to process the request. Unfortunately, I cannot see this value as of writing (2019-10-14)

Method “GetList” does not exist

I troubleshooted a piece of CSOM code in SharePoint 2013. I got the following error:

Method “GetList” does not exist

The reason was that the method GetList was not imlemented until March 2015 CU (15.0.4701.1001), and the SharePoint farm I had was SharePoint 2013 SP1 (15.0.4569.1000). So the solution is to install the Cumulative Update or use web.Lists.GetByTitle. GetByTitle has one aweful shortcoming: it doesn’t work in multilingual environments. So I have recommended to install the March 2015 CU.

Daniel Chronlund Cloud Tech Blog

News, tips and thoughts for Microsoft cloud fans

Вула Чăвашла

VulaCV - Чăвашла вулаттаракан сайт

Discovering SharePoint

And going crazy doing it

Bram de Jager - Architect, Speaker, Author

Microsoft 365, SharePoint and Azure

SharePoint Dragons

Nikander & Margriet on SharePoint

Mai Omar Desouki

PFE @ Microsoft

Cameron Dwyer

Office 365, SharePoint, Azure, OnePlace Solutions & Life's Other Little Wonders

paul.tavares

Me and My doings!

Share SharePoint Points !

By Mohit Vashishtha

Jimmy Janlén "Den Scrummande Konsulten"

Erfarenheter, synpunkter och raljerande om Scrum från Jimmy Janlén

Aryan Nava

DevOps, Cloud and Blockchain Consultant

SPJoel

SharePoint for everyone

SharePointRyan

Ryan Dennis is a SharePoint Solution Architect with a passion for SharePoint and PowerShell

SharePoint 2020

The Vision for a Future of Clarity

Aharoni in Unicode

Treacle tarts for great justice

... And All That JS

JavaScript, Web Apps and SharePoint

blksthl

Mostly what I know and share about...